Acquired by Barry-Wehmiller in 2009 and now part of BW Flexible Systems, the Hudson-Sharp brand still sets the standard for plastic bag making equipment as the first to commercially produce a servo-driven wicketer and the leader in wicketer technology.
With 100 years of experience and industry leading technology, the Hudson-Sharp name is known for high-quality machinery and world-renowned customer service. From wicketers to stand-up pouch machines to the revolutionary Inno-Lok® and Pour & Lok™ pre-applied closure product lines, Hudson-Sharp brand is the solution for bag converting companies. Our innovative team of engineers and dedicated support staff can custom design machinery for your specific flexible packaging applications.
The industry leader in wicketer technology, Hudson-Sharp continues to be the brand of choice when it comes to high-quality wicketers. Hudson-Sharp wicketers are known the world over for their reliability to produce high-quality wicketed bags as well as providing maximum flexibility with a modular machine configuration.
Continuous Motion Bag Manufacturing
Our continuous motion machines are designed for high speed continuous production of high quality, interleaved, or connected bags-on-a-roll. Sizes include:
- 13" (330mm)
- 33" (840mm)
- 51" (1300mm)
- 87" (2200mm)
We have various machine widths and options, with BW Flexible Systems machines you will have reliable, high efficiency production with easy maintenance and quick product changeover times. Bag making equipment options include:
- Bottom Seal or Twin Seal
- In-line with an extruder or out-of-line operation
- Perforated (connected) or interleaved (loose) bags-on-a-roll (with or without core)
- Individually folded and stacked bags
- Optional clip feeder & taper units
- Up to 600 feet per minute (190 meters per minute)
- Draw tape capability
- Suitable for a wide variety of bottom weld and twin seal applications including:
- Trash bags and liners
- Industrial bags/sacks
- Tall kitchen can bags
- Pedal bin bags
- Swing bin bags
- Dustbin bags
- Freezer and point-of-sale bags
- Clothes collection bags
- Attachments and accessories for a variety of applications.
Pouch Manufacturing Equipment
The 750 Servo Pouch Machine Platform features a modular design for versatile machine configurations capable of producing a wide variety of pouch styles with reclosable options including inline, slider, and proprietary Inno-Lok®, Pour & Lok™, and Zip360™.
Based on the dependable 750 Servo Pouch Machine Platform, our innovative team of engineers and support staff can also provide configurations to address your specific flexible packaging application.
Adding Reclosable Features
In 1997 The Hudson-Sharp Machine Company introduced INNO-LOK® and literally changed the way zippers are applied to packaging. INNO-LOK® Pre-Zippered Film can be used for barrier and non-barrier packaging applications.
INNO-LOK® Pre-Zippered Film is a patented product and method for attaching reclosable fasteners transversely to packaging films, thereby producing a roll of pre-zippered film. Enhance the efficiency of your bag making equipment with reclosable features today.
Pour & Lok™ Resealable Bags & Pouches
The latest opening style from the INNO-LOK® resealable packaging family, Pour & Lok™ is the most innovative product to produce resealable side gusseted bags and pouches. This versatile resealable packaging style is ideal for Pet Food, Lawn & Garden, and Snack applications. Utilizing roll stock with pre-applied closure creates value by providing higher production rates, no reduction in processing speeds, less scrap, and less down-time.
- Press-to-close, foldable closure is applied to the film in the side gusset of package for easy open Pour & Lok™
- Roll stock with closure for Form-Fill-Seal packaging applications or pre-made bags and pouches
- Large openings for scooping and pouring of product
- Available as an attachment to existing 1400 Hudson-Sharp Inno-Lok® and pouch machines
- Closure placement is offset to the side of the film to allow the package to travel through the Vertical Form-Fill-Seal machine with the closure at the top of the package
- Perforation and additional seal required on Vertical Form-Fill-Seal machine
- Available for use with zipper and hook-to-hook type closures.
A revolutionary flexible film innovation, EZ-Stand, is the newest development from Innoflex Incorporated and Hudson-Sharp. EZ-Stand is a pre-applied bottom gusset on a roll that can easily produce stand-up pouches on a VFFS machine. The EZ-Stand pouch is made by utilizing an Inno-Lok® machine along with a universal applicator and has the same efficiency and economy to allow VFFS pillow pack to stand up.
- Pre-applied bottom gusset on a roll that can be run through a VFFS machine to produce stand-up pouches
- Utilizes Inno-Lok® technology to apply a unique U-shaped bottom seal jaw that creates the seals
- Ability to create stand-up pouches with minimal capital expenditure for the end user.
- Can be combined with any Inno-Lok® zipper